Project Execution Training Program
This course covers the elements of Project Execution. The course was developed by Synaptix Learning Solutions Ltd., and uses modern adult learning principles to guide project teams to consistent Project Execution. The Project Execution System covered in the course integrates industry best practices, knowledge, and experience to define a simple construction project delivery framework.
The course introduces new and experienced project team members to this systematic approach, including:
- The Gate processes governing project decision making
- The documentation and deliverables required to execute a project within the system
- The procedures required to use the documentation tools
- The expectations of each role within the system
In this course learners are engaged through group discussions, teamwork activities, hands-on application and demonstration of tools, as well as the opportunity to provide feedback on implementing the system. At the end of the course learners will be able to execute projects consistently and manage their margins and resources more effectively.
At the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Define corporate and project organizational structure and expectations
- Identify estimate components and build an estimate from a sample RFP
- Identify important information within an RFP including contract type
- Identify critical terms and conditions within a contract and their risk implications
- Participate in project setup and ensure proper activity coding
- Participate in and contribute to all 4 Gates
- Plan the project according to the Project Execution system
- Execute and provide consistent reporting during the project following the Project Execution system
- Manage Change and document change effectively on the project
Supply effective information for invoicing and project closeout
Day 1: 3-hour webinar, 1 week before class
- PEM Overview: Introduce the tools, the system, and the Gate Process
- Homework: Read/Review the PEM
Day 2: 9 hours of in-person class time, 7:30-5:00
- Modules 2-5: General, Estimating, Bids & Contracts, Project Setup
Day 3: 9 hours of in-person class time, 7:30-5:00
- Modules 6-9: Execution, Change Management, Invoicing, Summary
Total course length: 21 hours
Learning will be assessed by quizzes covering both content and application of the material covered at the end of days 2 and 3 as well as successful completion of all group work activities performed during the course.
Upon completion of the course, learners will receive a course certificate titled
“Project Execution Training Program Certification.”
The credential is issued and maintained by Synaptix Learning Solutions Ltd., based in Chestermere, Alberta.
Learners carrying this credential will be better able to perform their duties related to project execution. This includes Area Managers, Project Managers, Superintendents, Foremen, and Trainees. By training learners on a more structured project delivery system, clients will incrementally increase the capability of their staff and set the foundation for further individual development and team growth.
Robert Crooks, MSc, CTDP
Synaptix Learning Solutions